Kundali matching / Horoscope compatibility
Kundali matching is an art which involves checking compatibility between the bride and the groom. Gun-milan or Porutham matching are popularly known methods of kundali matching in astrology. But are these methods complete and reliable?
The answer is NO.
Both these methods match horoscope based on the nakshatra pada which gives same points for every other person born in same nakshatra pada irrespective of his birth year, month or day. This means each one has a different horoscope and yet the points we get are same.
Lets consider an example:-
Suppose “Mr Suresh” is born in year 1990 with Mesh Rashi and Ashwini nakshatra pada-1. We Match his horoscope with the 4 girls born in different years with Mesha rashi and Ashwini nakshatra pada-4.
- Girl 1 -Ashwini pada-4 born in 1986
- Girl 2- Ashwini pada-4 born in 1985
- Girl 3- Ashwini pada-4 born in 1984
- Girl 4- Aswhini pada-4 Born in 1987
If you check the panchanga/almanac you will be surprised to know that the gun-milan of Suresh with all above 4 girls will get exactly same points 36.
In Tamil porutham or kerala porutham it will be similarly same points of 10.
Even if you take 4 horoscopes of Ashwini pada-4 born in different months in 1990 and match them with a horoscope having mesh rashi, Ashwini pada-1 they all will give 36 points.
But all 4 prospects will have a different horoscope, different planetary position, Condition of 7th house, 7th lord, Navamsha, dasha, longevity, promise of marriage and married life, longevity, children, financial prospects, education every thing will differ in all 4 cases but the points will be same.
So is it the right way to match horoscopes? Will the horoscope compatibility for marriage arrived with such match making be reliable? Readers should themselves check and ponder over this.
Horoscope match making is a very complex method which involves two steps:-
- Matching horoscopes with planetary position.
- Matching with gun-milan/porutham matching.
Kundali matching involves following steps :
- The first step involves checking both horoscopes individually.
- The promise of marriage, married life, health, longevity, children, mishaps, financial prosperity everything is checked in both horoscopes.
- Any dosha samya is checked.
- The planets of bride are imposed in horoscope of groom and vice-versa to see if they are situated in good houses to give prosperity or in bad houses to bring adversity.
- The impact of Manglik Dosha, Rajju dosha etc is checked.
- Finally Gun-milan or Porutham matching is done
- Conclusion of horoscope compatibility is given.
Based on above 7 step horoscope compatibility, the bad horoscopes are filtered out and good horoscopes are taken to next step of gun-milan or porutham matching.
Finally we select the best horoscope match based on planetary matching and porutham matching.
Less points in gun-milan can still have good married life but if the horoscope itself is bad, the promise of marriage is bad there cannot be any hope in such cases and such horoscopes should be rejected even if they are indicating good points in porutham or gun-milan system.
The actual horoscope compatibility for marriage or match making happens with planetary matching between the bride and groom before gun-milan.
Please share this page with your friends and social media. To consult me fill the form below or get in touch on whatsapp @+91 9657569256.
Consultation Charges apply*